The Cancer Drug Development Forum (CDDF) Spring conference is a unique forum that convenes every year and gathers the leaders in the world of innovative cancer therapy development, including medical researchers, pharmaceutical industry representatives, regulatory authority representatives and patient advocacy groups. It is the successor of the former CDDF Alpine Conference and the 12th edition takes place from 8 to 10 February 2021, virtually.
This multi-stakeholder, interactive meeting offers plenary lectures with moderated discussions, including case studies as well as networking opportunities. The programme focuses on the latest and future challenges of Innovative oncology drug development with a special emphasis on patient access, cancer drug development in a global setting, advances in imaging and regulatory hot topics in oncology drug development.
- Understanding the pitfalls in the European HTA process leading to current inequality in patient access.
- Forward facing discussion on endpoints in cancer clinical trials, and on digital tools and use of artificial intelligence in cancer drug development.
- Understanding current differences in the global regulatory approval and HTA approaches, and discussing potentials for harmonization
- Awareness on novel methods for clinical oncology imaging, and discussion on their application as biomarkers in the drug development process.
- Addressing regulatory guidance: EMA regulatory strategy 2025; envisioning product development for 2025; Industry perspectives on innovation and current topics in oncology.
The target is a multidisciplinary audience of representatives from academia, EU and US regulatory bodies (EMA, FDA and national agencies), the pharmaceutical Industry, HTAs and patient advocates.