Cancer Drug Development Forum ASBL
(Lastly updated: 20 September 2022)
Cancer Drug Development Forum ASBL (hereinafter ‘CDDF’) respects your privacy and acts to ensure that you can safely entrust it with your personal data. In the course of your contact with CDDF, certain personal data about you are collected and processed. CDDF always aims to process your personal data in compliance with the applicable data protection rules, essentially as set forth in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Personal data collected and processed by CDDF
- Sharing of personal data by CDDF
- Your privacy rights and how to exercise them
- CDDF’s data security policy
- Contact details
2. Personal data collected and processed by CDDF
a. Personal data collected via the CDDF website
Via its website, CDDF may collect and process the following personal data:
- identification and contact information, including your surname, first name, email address, telephone or mobile phone number, nationality, address, affiliation, dietary restrictions.
- banking details (used for making payments/ issuing invoices).
These personal data are collected and processed for the following purposes:
- to conduct CDDF’s activities;
- to manage CDDF membership and partnerships;
- to organize your attendance at CDDF events;
- to confirm your registration by email;
- to enable you to modify your registration;
- to contact you via your (mobile) phone in case of last-minute changes and/or emergencies;
- to create your badge; and
- to generate invoices.
In view of CDDF’s legitimate interest, you agree that CDDF may also process and use your personal data:
- to promote its activities and to inform you of updates within the organization via CDDF newsletters and mailings; and
- to conduct post-event surveys.
You may unsubscribe from these newsletters, mailings and surveys at any time. This will however not affect official correspondence from the CDDF conference secretariat.
The CDDF will not perform mailings to you on behalf of third parties.
b. Personal data collected during CDDF events
Meetings and events are held in a public space and, therefore, CDDF cannot prohibit participants from photographing, recording or audio-taping (part of) the events. CDDF cannot be held responsible for pictures/recordings made by other attendees and the use they make thereof.
By registering for CDDF events, CDDF may, without your further consent, use and release pictures/recordings taken during CDDF events for its own educational or marketing purposes. You agree that pictures/recordings taken during the events, which could include your recognizable image, may be posted on the CDDF website or intranet. CDDF will not publish your name with such pictures/recordings.
List of meeting participants
To facilitate networking and active engagement at CDDF events, CDDF may share a delegate list that contains the names, affiliations and nationalities with registered participants and/or meeting chairs before/during/after the events. By registering for CDDF events, you agree that your personal data can be used to produce a list of attendees which will be distributed to other participants. The list is for internal event purposes only and shall not to be distributed to external third parties other than event participants. You can object to this processing by sending a written communication to CDDF (see below).
3. Sharing of personal data by CDDF
4. Your privacy rights and how to exercise them
a. Overview of your privacy rights
Right of access
At any time you have the right to be informed as to whether or not CDDF processes your personal data. If CDDF processes these data you have the right to access these data and to obtain the following additional information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipients (in particular recipients in third countries);
- where possible, the period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of your privacy rights;
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority;
- the information that CDDF possesses concerning the source of the data in case CDDF received the data from a third party; and
- the existence of automated decision-making.
You also have the right to obtain a free copy of the processed data, in an understandable form. CDDF may charge a reasonable fee to cover its administrative costs for each additional copy that you may request.
Right of rectification of personal data
You have the right to have incomplete, incorrect, inappropriate or outdated personal data corrected or removed without delay.
To keep your information up to date, CDDF requests you to notify us of any change, such as a change of email address.
Right to erasure of personal data (“right to be forgotten”)
You have the right to have your personal data deleted without unreasonable delay in the following cases:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw your previous consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal ground that CDDF can invoke for (further) processing;
- you object to the processing of your personal data and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the (further) processing by CDDF;
- your personal data are unlawfully being processed;
- your personal data must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- your personal data were collected when you were still a minor.
It must be taken into account that CDDF cannot always delete all requested personal data, for example, when CDDF is legally obliged to keep this information (e.g. invoicing data) or when its processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim. CDDF will inform you further about this in the answer to your request.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data if one of the following applies:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal data: the use of the personal data is limited for a period that enables CDDF to verify the accuracy of the data;
- the processing of your personal data is unlawful: instead of deleting your data, you request the restriction of its use;
- CDDF no longer requires your data for the original processing purposes, but requires them for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim: instead of erasing your data, its use is limited for the establishment, exercise or defence of the legal claim;
- as long as no decision has been taken on the exercise of your right of objection to the processing, you request to limit the use of your data.
Right to data portability
You have the right to request the transfer of your personal data (‘recuperation’), for example to be able to engage another service provider more easily. This is only possible for the personal data you have provided to CDDF yourself, based upon consent or upon an agreement. In all other cases you cannot invoke this right (for example if the processing of your data takes place on the basis of a legal obligation).
Two aspects relate to this right:
- you may request CDDF to recover the personal data concerned in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; and
- you may request CDDF to transmit the relevant personal data directly to another controller. In this case you are responsible for the correctness and security of the (email) address you provide for the transfer. CDDF may refuse this right if the transfer is technically not possible.
Right to object to the processing of your personal data
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation in case the processing takes place on the legal ground of the legitimate interest of CDDF or in the general interest. CDDF will cease the processing of your personal data, unless CDDF can demonstrate compelling and legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or when the processing of personal data is related to the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim (for example, filing a court claim).
Right to withdraw consent
Insofar as the processing of personal data is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Right to file a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian data protection authority. You can reach them at the following address:
For more information, CDDF refers to the website of the Belgian data protection authority:
b. How to exercise your privacy rights
You can exercise your rights by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address:
Cancer Drug Development Forum ASBL
c/o BLSI, Clos Chapelle-aux-Champs 30
In order to exercise your rights and to prevent any unauthorized disclosure of your personal data, CDDF must verify your identity. In case of doubt or ambiguity, CDDF will first ask you for additional information (in most cases a copy of the front of your identity card).
Exercising your rights is free of charge, unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, because of the repetitive nature of the request. In this case CDDF has – in accordance with the privacy legislation – the right and the choice to (i) charge a reasonable fee (taking into account the administrative costs to provide the requested information or communication and the costs associated with taking the requested measures), or (ii) refusing to act on your request.
If you submit your request electronically, the information will be provided electronically if possible, unless you request otherwise. In any case, CDDF provides you with a concise, transparent, understandable and easily accessible answer.
CDDF will respond to your request as soon as possible, and in any case within one month of receipt of your request (this term starts as soon as your identity has been sufficiently demonstrated to CDDF). Depending on the complexity of the requests and the number of requests, this period can be extended by two months. In the event of an extension of this period, CDDF will inform you of this extension one month after receipt of the request.
5. CDDF’s data security policy
a. Data security
In order to optimise the protection of your personal data, CDDF takes all reasonable measures and applies best practices and various security technologies and procedures to protect the collected personal data in an appropriate manner against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, loss or theft.
Personal data is stored on secured computer systems (with a firewall and secured internet connections) with limited access (by means of passwords and user names), which are stored in secured rooms (access by means of badge control). Access to the premises and buildings of CDDF is also monitored. Only employees of CDDF who need to have access to the personal data may consult this through a secured login.
The security measures are regularly evaluated and updated to ensure a consistently high level of protection.
b. Data storage
CDDF will not store your data for longer than necessary for its processing in view of the purposes set forth above, taking into account CDDF’s contractual and legal obligations in relation to these data. Particularly, your personal data, payment history and correspondence will be stored for the period prescribed by law (currently seven years). CDDF does not store credit card data.
6. Minors (children under 16 years)
CDDF never deliberately collects or processes the personal data of minors without obtaining the permission of a parent or guardian for the minor’s use of CDDF’s services and websites and for the subsequent exercise of rights regarding the processing of the minor’s data.
If the personal data of a minor have been accidentally processed in good faith, CDDF will delete the data concerned from its databases as quickly as possible after having been informed.
7. Contact details
Cancer Drug Development Forum ASBL
c/o BLSI, Clos Chapelle-aux-Champs 30
1200 Woluwe Saint Lambert
Enterprise number: 738.523.752
Tel: +32 2 880 62 70