The conference is part of a unique multi-stakeholder joint initiative; the ACCELERATE Platform. Co-organised by CDDF, ITCC and SIOPE, this platform provides a transparent forum enabling patients and parents organisations, academic paediatric oncologists and haematologists, pharmaceutical companies and EU regulatory network representatives to collaborate and jointly address specific obstacles to faster and more effective treatments for children and adolescents with cancer, including the needed changes to the Paediatric Medicines Regulation.
- Gilles Vassal (ACCELERATE platform chair/Gustave Roussy, France)
- Patricia Blanc (Imagine for Margo & Unite2Cure, France)
- Silvia Chioato (Pfizer, Italy)
- Christopher Copland (Unite2cure, UK)
- Natalie Gaspar (Gustave Roussy, France)
- Franca Ligas (European Medicines Agency, UK)
- Peter Lack (Childhood Cancer International & Unite2Cure, Switzerland)
- Koenraad Norga (Antwerp University Hospital, Belgium & vice-chair PDCO, EMA)
- Andrew Pearson (The Institute of Cancer Research, UK & ITCC)
- Raphael Rousseau (Gritstone, USA)
- Stefan Schwoch (Eli Lilly, UK)
- Nicole Scobie (Childhood Cancer International & Unite2Cure, Switzerland)
- Jeffrey Skolnik (Inovio Pharmaceuticals, USA)
- Heinz Zwierzina (Innsbruck University – CDDF, Austria)
Why should you attend?
- To learn from recent successes in paediatric oncology drug development
- To share advancements in the ACCELERATE program
- Multistakeholder paediatric strategy forums
- Fostering Age Inclusive Research (FAIR) trials
- New models for specific paediatric drug development, including repositioning
- To share the new regulatory environment in the US and in Europe and discuss through breakout sessions how to implement paediatric oncology new drug development in this new landscape
- To strengthen international collaborations
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in developing new life-saving medicines for children and adolescents with cancer.